- All fabrics snag easily and can be damaged by sharp edged toys, buckles, jewellery and domestic pets. Snags, when they do occur, should be trimmed using scissors. Under no circumstances should you attempt to pull it out.
- Direct sunlight over a prolonged period of time can cause fading and/or deterioration of fabric. When planning your room, arrange your furniture so that it is protected from sunlight.
- Clean your upholstery at least once a week with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner as accumulated dirt will accelerate wear and dull the colours. It is advisable to have your furniture cleaned regularly by professional upholstery cleaner as different fibres and fabric constructions require special treatment.
- Strictly avoid using bleach when washing your upholstery.
- Severe spills and stains should only be removed by professional upholstery cleaners.
- Leatherette products need to undergo periodic maintenance to prevent cracking or peeling in the long run. Vinyl conditioner or leather conditioner needs to be applied to the product every 3 to 4 months for a long product life.